We care - Spaljisten's Sustainability Report 2021
In 2021, Spaljisten retained a high proportion of recycled material in products and increased the proportion of recycled plastic in edging. At the same time, the company has worked hard in several places to reduce its climate footprint and develop innovation and production with the next generation in mind.
Now it is here, Spaljisten’s Sustainability Report for 2021. An increased focus on sustainability in recent years has yielded results - that in many places within Spaljisten. Here are some of the highlights from 2021 that we are proud of:
- From 2018 to 2021, Spaljisten has reduced its internal carbon dioxide emissions by 1380 tonnes.
- Thanks to structured work with waste and residues, we have recycled 135 tonnes of material in 2021.
- In 2021, 10 chemicals were phased out for a safer and better working environment.
- All employees at Spaljisten are to carry out environmental training - from waste to resources. The goal is to create a comprehension of environmental problems surrounding resource use and recycling. All officials have gotten the opportunity to complete the training at their workplace.
- In 2020, our owner Surewood Industries developed a new policy for company cars, which means that everyone has the opportunity to choose a hybrid or electric car as a company car. In 2021, Spaljistens started supplying charging posts at the factory in Åseda.
Our goal is to become even better
In the short term, Spaljisten's sustainability work is about protecting natural resources, working actively with our sustainability strategy and including and engaging the entire business.
- Our ”green kitchen door” continues to challenge the industry in thinking thinner, lighter and more recycled. We now see increased interest from the market and consider ourselves well-positioned for future contributions. Our ambition is to gain market share in all our segments in the coming years. To do this, we first and foremost need to ensure that we invest in our knowledgeable employees, further develop our products and continue to optimize our production in a safe and inclusive manner, powered by 100% renewable electricity, says Fabio Pedrazzi, CEO of Spaljisten AB
We take our responsibility very seriously and think about sustainability in all parts: social, economic and environmental. In 2021, we invested in our leaders who had the opportunity to participate in a leadership development program. Licensed consultants within the leadership development program of Swedish Defense University executed the course. The training aimed to develop and strengthen our leaders with tools, perspectives and theories in leadership. We will continue to develop the work internally. All parts of the business and production in Åseda are involved and everyone is working towards becoming a world-class furniture front manufacturer with the next generation in mind.
Care for the next generation
The work of reducing our environmental footprint is a top priority on the agenda of Spaljisten. One challenge is that we do not control the entire supply chain ourselves. Therefore, we have chosen to work with scopes 1 and 2. This measurement shows that our carbon dioxide emissions have decreased by more than 90 percent compared to 2017. The topmost contribution to this development is that since 2019 we use only locally produced and renewable energy for our factory in Åseda. In addition to energy changes that have fairly immediate effects, we constantly increase the proportion of recycled materials in our products. Today we can offer a kitchen door that has as much as 90% of the foil made from recycled plastic.
In addition to climate issues, we also have a heart for our employees. We are creating the conditions for a safe workplace with a high level of well-being by engaging staff in development work, also with efforts to create a safe and good corporate culture.
We care - Spaljisten's Sustainability Report 2022
Spaljisten is glad to present our Sustainability Report for 2022. The Sustainability Report presents our development over the past year and explains how we work with sustainability in our operations.
Get to know the Spaljisten production - automated corrugated pallet line
Welcome in to our highly automated production facility! Since 2018, we have a corrugated pallet line for packing furniture fronts on corrugated pallets, i.e. extra light pallets made of corrugated cardboard. As is the standard in our production in Åseda - this process is of course automated.
Start of Production on the HGL II line
Spaljisten has reached the SOP milestone with the new foil wrapping line HGL II from HOMAG. It is a substantial milestone in the project which means the production line can now officially be used for manufacturing foiled fronts.
Training in Society-Oriented Professional Swedish
Our employees are our most important resource. We strive for everyone to have the right conditions to thrive, succeed and develop at their job. One way we work to increase diversity in the workplace is that we offer language training in Professional Swedish.
Adam Airosto takes over as the new CEO of Spaljisten
Adam Airosto starts as the new CEO of Spaljisten AB. With extensive experience in leading roles in the manufacturing industry, he takes on the role of CEO of Spaljisten with the task of leading and driving the company's continued development with the vision of being a world-class front manufacturer with the next generation in mind.
A puzzle piece in sustainability work and confidence in the future
For half a year now, Sofie Åkerberg has been working as Sustainability Manager at Spaljisten. She entered on a wave of new energy and dived straight into the world of wood, chipboard and foil wrapping. It is a broad role that she has taken on – seeing over matters of work environment, safety, and sustainability, as well as improvements in all these areas.
Foil slitter helping to optimize the material flow at Spaljisten
Spaljisten's highly automated production facility in Åseda, Småland, is in continuous development. One of the latest innovations in Spaljisten is a foil cutter, an industry-specific machine that we can greatly benefit from.
Successful collaboration in automation - Gladpack packing line inaugurated by Spaljisten and Automationsteknik
After an intensive project work of several years in collaboration between Spaljisten and Automationsteknik, the world-unique packing line Gladpack is inaugurated in Spaljisten's facility in Åseda on March 2!
The big picture and people behind the numbers
Malin Kirejs Hellbjer has been working with everything that has to do with finances at Spaljisten for a year now. How has her first year in Spaljisten been and what excites her in her work and life?
Our products endure most things in life
Sustainability is close to our hearts at Spaljisten – a work that never ends. We aim higher and work for more innovative solutions to reach the next level in our production.